Skip to main content

US double decker burger from Bluejay


I purposedly had lunch last Sunday at Bluejay's branch at Amigo Plaza mall to have a taste of one of their specialties. Good thing it wasn't crowded on a special day - Mother's Day so I had plenty of seats to choose from. I opted for the one away from the prying eyes of both the passers by and the staff so that I won't be conscious with what I am doing.Made with pure U.S. beef patty, caramelized onions, cheese and lettuce is Bluejay's signature cheeseburger but doubling it's goodness gives you the specialty and best seller of the house - US double decker burger!Indeed it paid off with these appetizing and sumptuous photos of my lunch consisting of their delicious cheeseburger to which I "murdered" by making a rather ugly slice - lol. Fried or pan grilled patties were good as expected it to be but the onions tasted "fresh" rather than caramelized. Complemented by a drink which had me "by the name" - Kiwi Lemonade, it was a perfect photo shoot partner for it blended with the "color" of the burger. But the taste was strong, for me, that it sort of overpowered the actual taste of the burger. No it wasn't bad but I guess I made a wrong choice of drink to partner with my burger - what if I had their raspberry cooler instead?
But in the end, no matter what the combo tasted, it as another fulfilling lunch at Bluejay and all I can say it that "Eat's finished"!

Popular posts from this blog

Valenciana

A close relative of paella, this dish originated in Valencia, Spain and probably brought by the Spaniards when they colonized the country. Always a staple in family gatherings, this yellow rice is a complete meal in itself, with pork, chicken, liver, chorizo, shrimps, bellpeppers, peas and raisins to name its basic ingredients. RECIPE Saute your choice meats and vegetables. Cook malagkit rice with turmeric and broth cubes then mix sauted meat and vegetables when almost done. Garnish with hardboiled eggs and onion leaves.

Ultimate Ilonggo Favorite: KBL Kadyos, Baboy, Langka

K.B.L. or Kadyos, Baboy, Langka is the ultimate favorite dish of most Ilonggos. It is also one of the most missed native dishes as kadyos and the souring ingredient, batwan , are hard to find when outside of the Ilonggo region.  Basically, it is boiled/stewed pork dish owing its "deliciousness" to the combination of the soft and tender pork, the tamed sourness of  batwan  and the  malinamnam na sabaw .  One of the "secrets" of the malinamnamn na sabaw , is the fact that the pork, whether just the plain meat or pata (hocks) are first grilled or broiled. This gives the broth a rather smoky taste that makes it more appetizing.. Learn how to make the Ilonggo dish KBL (Kadyos, Baboy, at Langka) with the recipe below. Ingredients 1 kilo Pata (pork hocks) or pork cubes, GRILLED and sliced into bite size pieces  1 unripe Jack fruit, cubed 2 cups pigeon pea (kadyos) 6-8 pieces batwan fruit  (or tamarind powder) 1 piece pork broth cube (

SIDRO: Iloilo's very own gourmet doughnuts

Just listening to Isidro Panizales Jr. animatedly talking about his life before and after being a “doughnut-preneur”, is like the different flavors of Sidro Doughnuts . Each variant seems to reflect different aspects of his almost three decades of living in America. From his work in corporate America for more than 10 years to that one little spark of deciding leaving work to pursue his delicious passion – life is like a box of doughnuts! IN A DOUGHNUT HOLE Sidro is an offshoot from the name Isidro but as Sid says, it’s a tribute to his father.  The first Sidro Doughnuts came out of the kitchen and delivered to one lucky doughnut-phile on Dec. 18 last year.  It comes in two sizes – Junior Doughnuts which at 30 grams each are perfect for parties and occasions. But if you can’t enough, there are the Regular Doughnuts which is more than 3x at  100 grams and comes with more toppings and flavours.  Choose among nine specially concocted creations - Bugnay Berry, Calamansi, Dulce

An Ilonggo favorite - Valenciana

Found in almost all occasions like fiesta, birthdays, reunions and others, Ilonggos really love valenciana because most if not all have grown accustomed of having it in special gatherings at home.  A complete " go, grow and glow " dish because it has the carbohydrates, protein and vitamins and minerals in just one spoonful, Valenciana is really an " occasional dish ".  Here's the recipe for Valenciana

McNester mango-calamansi juice

I passed by Deco's Pasalubong Shop to buy some piaya (I was craving for days) but I got more than what I came for. I got the chance to (finally) taste McNester Mango-Calamansi juice.I was intrigued by it when my guest from Manila were raving about this bottled juice. Though I've seen it many time at Deco's, I never had the urge to satisfy my curiosity. So I got one, no two, bottles today. More than to satisfy my curiousity, if it is good then I have another bottle, if not then I might share it - lol just kidding. It was a refreshing drink indeed! The sweetness of the mango juice was toned down by the tangy (not to mention sour) flavour of the calamansi - or vice versa, I cannot say. First you'll taste the sweet mango flavour then it becomes slightly sour as the calamansi flavour "seeps" in. It's well blended (of course you have to shake the bottle first before drinking) that neither overpowers the other. Kudos to McNester Foods for coming up with t